Skip to main content
The Official Web Site of the State of South Carolina

File a Complaint

Should you have a complaint against an institution regulated by the Office of the Commissioner of Banking, you should first try to resolve the complaint directly with the institution by contacting an officer of the institution.  If you are unable to resolve your complaint with the institution directly, you may file a complaint with our office.  However, we are not able to intervene in a dispute of fact.  If formal legal action has been initiated by the consumer against the financial institution or if the complaint has been the subject of a prior legal action which has been adjudicated, the Office of the Commissioner of Banking will defer to the courts.

The Commissioner of Banking does not have authority over all financial institutions operating within South Carolina.  If after review of the complaint, we determine that this office does not have authority over the complaint, the complaint will be forwarded to the appropriate State or Federal authority.

Below you will find our consumer complaint form.  Fill in the form with as much detail as possible, sign and forward your complaint and copies of any supporting documentation to the address provided in the form.  Be sure to send copies, not your original documents.

Consumer Complaint Form (PDF)